There are lots of funny topics on the social networking site Twitter, but on Wednesday it seemed like there was only one: "Tea party pick up lines."
Early in the day, Twitter users began submitting humorous, flirtatious queries that played on issues championed by the politically conservative tea party movement, such as lower taxes, smaller government, and gun control.
Over the next 24 hours, thousands more people posted their own political pick up lines, and by midnight on Wednesday Twitter, which gets more than 10 million visitors a month, had listed the hash tag "#TeaPartyPickUpLines" among its top five most popular topics.
The majority of the quips were funny and political, but not everyone got the joke: sprinkled throughout were dozens of tweets about drinking tea.
Here are some of the most popular pick up lines:
1. "Don't worry, I'm too big to fail"
2. "The real reason I'm against tax increases? So I can spend all my money on you girl.." [sic]
3. "Pull over here. We can make out and watch Russia"
4. "That protest sine makes you look so secksy" [sic]
And lastly, a romantic re-write of Rep. Joe Wilson's (R-S.C.) infamous utterance during President Barack Obama's joint address to Congress last year:
5. "YOU LIE on top of me" [sic]