By Hill Staff - 09/18/13 10:14 PM EDT
• The Defense Department plans to spend $46.2 million on kits that
outfit military goggles with clip-on lenses that accommodate any type
of eye prescription. Revision Military was awarded an eight-year
contract to provide the department with its products, which it says are
“eventually becoming the only Rx Carrier platform used by U.S. Army
• The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is handing out multiple contracts worth up to a total of $300 million for infrastructure construction and rehabilitation, including roads; buildings; health facilities and schools, in the West Bank and Gaza. The contractors, which must be in the West Bank or Gaza areas and “not owned or controlled by a government entity,” will each receive at least $25,000 in work.
• Contract documents show that Donald TrumpDonald TrumpTrump shuts down talk of softening on immigration Former KKK leader David Duke praises Trump's immigration speech FULL SPEECH: Donald Trump affirms hard-line immigration plan MORE, under the Trump Organization, will be leasing the Old Post Office in downtown Washington for $250,000 per month, or $3 million per year. The 60-year lease with the General Services Administration says those payments will increase with inflation. Trump has said he plans to dump $200 million into restoration of the historic building, parts of which will remain open to tourists.
• The Army awarded a $200 million contract to General Atomics Aeronautical Systems to provide the military with drones, though a quantity is not listed. It also bought an unspecified amount of guided missile launchers for $5.6 million from STRATA-G Solutions.
• The National Park Service awarded a contract worth $186,000 to John Canning & Co. to restore a wall and ceiling mural at the Bay View Room of the Aquatic Park Boathouse in the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park. Though the company is based in Connecticut, it has worked with big-name clients from across the country, including the Architect of the Capitol, the White House, Radio City Music Hall in New York City, Harvard University and New York’s Grand Central Terminal.
Contract information compiled from General Services Administration data and government press releases. Send announcements about government contracts to email@example.com.