By The Hill Staff - 06/28/10 11:57 PM EDT
• CHEMICALS. Ropes & Gray has been hired by the Chemical Users Coalition to lobby on “chemical safety initiatives and legislation,” according to lobbying disclosure records.
• DEFENSE. Lockheed Martin has hired Monfort-Lewis to lobby on “information systems support,” lobbying disclosure records show. Patricia Lewis, a former professional staff member for the Senate Armed Services Committee, and Charles Monfort, an ex-deputy assistant secretary at the Defense Department, are lobbying for the company.
Holland & Knight has been hired by the City of Oakland, Calif., to lobby on issues related the Oakland Army Base. Julie Minerva, a former legislative aide to the late Rep. Bob Matsui (D-Calif.), and Rich Gold, ex-special assistant to then-Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Carol Browner, are lobbying for the city.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. General Motors has hired The Normandy Group to lobby on an “amendment in financial reform conference, tax and pension taxes, and general matters related to the automotive industry,” according to lobbying disclosure records. Former Rep. Henry Bonilla (R-Texas) and Ronald Eritano, an ex-legislative correspondent for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), are lobbying for the company.
• FOOD SAFETY. McDonald’s has hired GrayLoeffler to lobby on “matters related to food production, wholesale, retail, transportation and consumption,” according to disclosure records. Former Rep. William Gray (D-Pa.) is lobbying for the company.
• HEALTHCARE. Arent Fox has been hired by Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. to lobby on “Medicare reimbursements for oncology drugs,” according to disclosure records. Former Rep. Phil English (R-Pa.) and Dan Renberg, a former deputy chief of staff to Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.), are lobbying for the company.
The Podesta Group has been hired by Quest Diagnostics Inc. to lobby on reimbursement and regulation of clinical laboratory services as well as healthcare information systems. Stephen Northrup, a former health policy director for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, and Aranthan Jones, ex-policy director for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.), are lobbying for the company.
• TAX. The Renewable Fuels Association has hired Ernst & Young to lobby on tax issues related to ethanol production. Nick Giordano, a former tax counsel and legislative director for Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), is lobbying for the trade group.