By The Hill Staff - 08/03/10 11:58 PM EDT
• Angelo Amador has joined the National Restaurant Association as vice president of labor and workforce policy. He most recently was an executive director in the labor, immigration and employee benefits division of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Before working at the Chamber, Amador was a private practice attorney and a law clerk in the 19th Judicial Circuit of Virginia. He has also worked as a staff attorney for the Mexican American Legal Defense & Educational Fund and was a policy adviser to the governor of Puerto Rico.
• Jeffrey M. Senger has joined Sidley Austin as a partner in the firm’s global food, drug and medical device regulatory practice. He was the acting chief counsel and deputy chief counsel at the Food and Drug Administration. Before that, he was senior counsel in the Office of the Associate Attorney General at the Justice Department.
• The U.S. Chamber of Commerce has hired Shaun Donnelly, Khush Choksy and Olivia Troye to work in the trade group’s Middle East affairs department. Donnelly was the senior director for international business policy at the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) as well as a former U.S. ambassador to Sri Lanka and assistant U.S. trade representative for the Middle East and Europe. Choksy was a senior director at Chemonics International. Troye has U.S. government experience working on commercial and security issues.
• Robert Wilkie has joined CH2M HILL as a vice president and business development director. Before joining the defense contractor, Wilkie was the assistant secretary of Defense for legislative affairs in the George W. Bush administration. Prior to his service at the department, he was a special assistant to President Bush for national security affairs and a senior director of the National Security Council, where he was a senior policy adviser to then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice. Wilkie is also an Air Force Reserve intelligence officer on active reserve status.
• Julian Baer has joined FoodMinds as nutrition affairs director. Baer was a legislative assistant with Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Bode Matz PC. He also worked as a House aide and for the Food Marketing Institute.
• Carrie Hartgen has joined the Advanced Medical Technology Association as vice president of state government relations and regional affairs. Hartgen was director of legislative and regulatory affairs for National Strategies Inc. before coming to the trade group.