By The Hill Staff - 10/05/10 11:15 PM EDT
• Brian V. Breheny has joined Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom as a corporate partner in the firm’s Washington office. Breheny was deputy director for legal and regulatory policy at the Securities and Exchange Commission. At the agency, he also served as chief of the office of mergers and acquisitions. Breheny has also worked as a certified public accountant at KPMG.
• Josh Block and Lanny Davis launched a strategic consulting firm called Davis-Block. The firm will partner with the law firm Lanny J. Davis & Associates and its affiliate, McDermott Will and Emery. Block was a spokesman for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Davis was White House special counsel from 1996 to 1998, during the Clinton administration; he is also a columnist for The Hill.
• Jenny Gladieux joined Health Policy Source Inc. as a senior health policy analyst. Gladieux worked in the Office of Legislation at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. She has been a senior policy and advocacy representative for AARP and consulted for several healthcare firms.
• Charles Territo is joining American Traffic Solutions, a road-safety camera and electronic toll enforcement company, in Scottsdale, Ariz., as its new vice president of communications. Territo is the director of communications for the Auto Alliance.
• Theresa Swinehart joined Verizon as its new executive director of global Internet policy. Swinehart was vice president of global and strategic partnerships at the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. Before that, she was director of global e-commerce for MCI/WorldCom.
• David Bolger joined Burson-Marsteller as managing director in its public-affairs practice. Prior, Bolger was president of Executive Briefing Inc. He was director of global public relations for UPS and worked as vice president for communications for the United States Telecom Association. Bolger has been director of public affairs for the Federal Railroad Administration and a staff assistant to then-Sen. Joe BidenJoe BidenThe Trail 2016: Trump works to widen his appeal State Dept: Turkey's extradition request unrelated to coup attempt State: Turkey has submitted 'formal' extradition request for cleric MORE (D-Del.).