By The Hill Staff - 11/04/10 12:25 AM EDT
• The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials elected Susan Martinovich as its new president and Kirk T. Steudle its new vice president Monday. Martinovich is the group’s first female president. She is the director of the Nevada Department of Transportation. Steudle is director of the Michigan Department of Transportation.
• Bridget Driggs has joined the National Marine Manufacturers Association as its new PAC and special projects coordinator. She will manage BoatPAC and help with the trade group’s legislative conference, the American Boating Congress. Driggs comes from the National Association of Home Builders, where she helped manage BUILD-PAC. She has also worked at the Duberstein Group and for Rep. Virginia FoxxVirginia FoxxOvernight Regulation: GMO labeling bill faces House vote Overnight Finance: Republicans move to block overtime rule | House, Senate split on IRS cuts | Yellen heading back before Congress Overnight Regulation: House Republicans move to block overtime rule MORE (R-N.C.).
• Stephen P. Jacobs has joined the National Association of Manufacturers as senior director for international business policy. Jacobs spent three decades with the Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration. Most recently, he was deputy assistant secretary for market access and compliance and also served as acting assistant secretary for market access and compliance in the Obama administration.
• Kathryn L. Anderson has joined SNR Denton as a managing director in the advocacy and government affairs practice in the firm’s Washington office. She was director of federal relations for TIAA-CREF. Before that, Anderson worked for the USTelecom Association, Mutual of Omaha and Mass Mutual.
• Ray Dempsey has been promoted by BP to vice president of government and public affairs for BP America. He is working out of the company’s Washington office. Before his appointment, Dempsey was vice president of strategy and portfolio for BP’s Fuels Value Chain Strategic Performance Unit. Over the summer, he led external affairs for the company in Florida during the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.