By The Hill staff - 04/29/14 07:59 PM EDT
• The National Association of Realtors hired Stephanie Spear as a commercial regulatory policy representative in its internal lobby shop. She comes from American Institute of Architects, where she was the manager of building codes policy, and has also worked at the National Association of Home Builders. The Realtors also promoted staffer Erin Stackley to policy representative for commercial real estate.
• The Urban Institute is bringing on Congressional Budget Office economist Jonathan Schwabish as a senior researcher and data visualization expert. He begins at the nonprofit, which specializes in economic and social research, on May 7. Schwabish hosts workshops about data visualization and presentation techniques on his website, PolicyViz.com.
• Holland & Knight hired Tim Belevetz, a former Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement official, as a partner in its Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia offices. He has also worked as the chief of the U.S. Attorney’s Office of Financial Crimes and Public Corruption Unit for the Eastern District of Virginia and as a trial attorney with the Department of Justice.
• The American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) named Deborah E. Trautman, a Ph.D. and registered nurse, as the group’s new chief executive officer beginning on June 16. She is the executive director of the Center for Health Policy and Healthcare Transformation at Johns Hopkins Hospital. She is replacing the AACN’s longtime leader, Geraldine Polly Bednash, who announced in October that she would retire. Bednash has been at the helm of the organization for 28 years.
• Peter R. Zeidenberg is joining the white collar and investigations practice at Arent Fox’s Washington office. Before that, he was a partner at DLA Piper, where he worked on internal investigations for corporations and counseled them on responding to “government enforcement threats.” He spent nearly two decades as a federal prosecutor at the Justice Department.