By The Hill Staff - 07/02/12 11:32 PM EDT
• Judah C. “Jud” Sommer has joined Crowell & Moring and will chair the firm’s public policy group. Before coming to the firm, Sommer was senior vice president of government affairs for UnitedHealth Group. He has also been the managing director of corporate government affairs for Goldman Sachs & Co. and served as an aide for the late Sen. Jacob Javits (R-N.Y.).
• Alex DelPizzo has joined Thorn Run Partners as a partner. DelPizzo comes to the firm from Winning Strategies Washington, where he was also a partner. He was a legislative director for former Rep. Mike Ferguson (R-N.J.).
• Bill Miller has joined the Business Roundtable as senior vice president. Miller comes from the communications firm Brunswick. Before that, Miller was at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for 12 years. He also has been chief of staff to former Rep. Constance Morella (R-Md.).
• Former Rep. Richard Pombo (R-Calif.) will be affiliated with Sellery Associates Inc. as a consultant. First elected in 1992, Pombo served seven terms in the House and had a stint as a chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee.
• Laena Fallon will join the Financial Services Forum as vice president for communications beginning in August. Fallon is communications director for House Majority Leader Eric CantorEric CantorRyan seeks to avoid Boehner fate on omnibus GOPers fear trillion-dollar vote is inevitable Insiders dominate year of the outsider MORE (R-Va.). She also has been communications director and press secretary for former Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.).
• After five years in charge, Steve Coll will step down as president of the New America Foundation once a replacement is found. Coll will become a senior fellow with the think tank’s National Security Studies Program as he works on a follow-up to Ghost Wars, his Pulitzer Prize-winning book on Afghanistan.