By The Hill Staff - 02/10/09 05:45 PM EST
• Dale Oak will be joining the Podesta Group as a principal. Oak is serving as the staff director for the House Appropriations Committee’s Financial Services and General Government subcommittee. He is an adviser to the subcommittee’s chairman, Rep. José Serrano (D-N.Y.).
• Bill Wichterman has rejoined Covington & Burling as a senior legislative adviser in the firm’s government affairs group. Wichterman was a special assistant to the president and deputy director of public liaison at the Bush White House. He has also served as policy adviser to former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) and chief of staff to Rep. Joe Pitts (R-Pa.) and former Rep. Bill Baker (R-Calif.).
• Matthew Schumaker has joined the Biotechnology Industry Organization as its managing director of federal government relations. Schumaker was at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, where he guided independent expenditures in more than 20 competitive House races. He also was the first executive director of the New Democrat Coalition, the centrist House coalition.
• Mack C. Clark has been hired by KRL International as a senior adviser. Clark served as Sen. Ben CardinBen CardinBernie’s ‘revolution’ marches to Philly Senate Dems introduce Iran sanctions extension Senators push tougher sanctions against Iran MORE’s (D-Md.) senior legislative assistant. He also worked as a staff member for the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
• H. Martin Lancaster has joined Dawson & Associates as a senior adviser. Lancaster is a former Democratic congressman from North Carolina, serving from 1987 to 1994. Lancaster is of counsel to the law firm of Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell and Jernigan in Raleigh.
• Lisa Kay Layman has been hired by Brown Rudnick as a director in the government law and strategies group. Layman was the vice president for government affairs at the Generic Pharmaceutical Association. She also was a senior policy adviser to Sen. Debbie StabenowDebbie StabenowDems to GOP: Admit Trump is 'unfit' to be president Senate Dems push Obama for more Iran transparency GMO labeling bill good for both environment and the poor MORE (D-Mich.).