• Raymond G. Mullady has joined Blank Rome. He will be a partner in the firm’s product liability, mass torts and insurance group in its Washington office. Before heading to Blank Rome, Mullady was a partner at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe, where he headed its litigation practice in Washington.
• Josh Goldstein has joined the AFL-CIO as its new-media specialist. Goldstein spent more than two years as press secretary at American Rights at Work, a worker-rights advocacy group.
• Jennifer Sollars has been hired by Strategic Marketing Innovations’ Helios Strategies as its new senior adviser. Sollars most recently served as manager of federal government relations for PPL Corp. She also has worked for the U.S. Department of Energy at the office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Before working at the department, she was an aide for the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
• Robert H. Walls has joined Clear Channel Communications Inc. as executive vice president and general counsel. He will oversee the company’s legal and government affairs activities. Walls comes from Post Oak Energy Capital, a private equity firm. He also worked at Enron Corp. and was an attorney at Vinson & Elkins.
• Bryan Goettel has joined the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as manager of media relations. He worked most recently as a reporter at KWWL-TV in Waterloo, Iowa, where he served as the Iowa City bureau chief. Goettel has also worked as a sports anchor and reporter in Montgomery, Ala., and Rapid City, S.D.