• Jamie Moore has joined Tesoro Corp. as its new director of federal government affairs. Moore worked for eight years as a senior policy adviser to Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas). There, he worked on several pieces of energy legislation, including the Energy Policy Act of 2005 and the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
• John D. Versaggi has joined the American Gaming Association as vice president of government affairs. He comes to the trade association from UST Public Affairs Inc. Prior to joining that company, Versaggi spent seven years in the office of then-Rep. Richard BurrRichard BurrTop Intel Dem: Congress 'far from consensus' on encryption Trump must be an advocate for the Small Business Administration Dems pledge to fight Sessions nomination MORE (R-N.C.), now a senator, in several roles, such as communications director and chief of staff.
• Karen D. Cyr has been hired by Morgan Lewis as a senior counsel to the firm’s energy practice. Cyr is the longest-serving general counsel in the history of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. She worked at the agency for three decades and was the top lawyer there from 1994 until her retirement in 2009.
• Carlos Angulo is returning to his former post of partner at Zuckerman Spaeder. Angulo was the legislative director for Sen. Sheldon WhitehouseSheldon WhitehouseSenate Dems offer bill to curb tax break for Trump nominees Overnight Energy: Fight over miners' benefits risks shutdown | Flint aid crosses finish line in House Dem senator: Trump’s EPA pick is ‘corruption’ MORE (D-R.I.). He also served as legislative counsel to former Sen. Paul Sarbanes (D-Md.) and as staff counsel to ex-Sen. Paul Simon (D-Ill.). In addition, he has worked as a law clerk to Phyllis A. Kravitch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and as a trial attorney in the Justice Department’s Civil Division.
• Heather C. Harker has been hired by Dykema, as of counsel to its corporate finance practice group in the firm’s Washington office. She comes to the firm from Genworth Financial Inc. Prior to Genworth, Harker worked at Nationwide Financial.