By The Hill Staff - 01/20/10 12:49 AM EST
• Phillip Carter is returning to McKenna Long & Aldridge as an associate. Carter was a policy adviser to President Barack ObamaBarack ObamaA legacy on the line Senate should fix NATO's Montenegro problem Clinton to call on Black Lives Matter at Dem convention MORE’s 2008 campaign and later served as its national veterans director. In the administration, he served as deputy assistant secretary of Defense for detainee affairs. He also has nine years of military service in the U.S. Army.
• Carl J. Nichols has joined WilmerHale as a partner in its litigation/controversy and regulatory and government affairs departments. He was most recently the principal deputy associate attorney general at the Justice Department and previously served as the deputy assistant attorney general for the federal programs branch for the department’s civil division.
• Howard Schweitzer has joined Cozen O’Connor as a member of its Washington office. Schweitzer was the chief operating officer for the Troubled Asset Relief Program at the Treasury Department. Before that, he worked at the U.S. Export-Import Bank.
• Jill Hazelbaker is heading to Google to lead its corporate communications. She was the head of communications for Sen. John McCainJohn McCainFox News bests major networks in convention ratings Meghan McCain: ‘I no longer recognize my party’ Why a bill about catfish will show whether Ryan's serious about regulatory reform MORE’s (R-Ariz.) 2008 presidential campaign and most recently worked on New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s reelection campaign.
• Eric Schnure been hired by the Dewey Square Group as a principal in its communications practice. Schnure began his career as a speechwriter for then-Vice President Al GoreAl GoreDem Committee chairwoman will resign after convention The Mike Pence I know GOP senators blast Ginsburg comments about Trump MORE in 1993. He has since worked as a consultant to top elected officials, Fortune 100 corporations and nonprofit groups.