By The Hill Staff - 01/20/10 12:49 AM EST
• Phillip Carter is returning to McKenna Long & Aldridge as an associate. Carter was a policy adviser to President Barack ObamaBarack ObamaWhite House on Obama drinking Flint water: 'The man was just thirsty' Report: New Trump finance chairman donated heavily to Dems West Virginia is no longer Clinton country MORE’s 2008 campaign and later served as its national veterans director. In the administration, he served as deputy assistant secretary of Defense for detainee affairs. He also has nine years of military service in the U.S. Army.
• Carl J. Nichols has joined WilmerHale as a partner in its litigation/controversy and regulatory and government affairs departments. He was most recently the principal deputy associate attorney general at the Justice Department and previously served as the deputy assistant attorney general for the federal programs branch for the department’s civil division.
• Howard Schweitzer has joined Cozen O’Connor as a member of its Washington office. Schweitzer was the chief operating officer for the Troubled Asset Relief Program at the Treasury Department. Before that, he worked at the U.S. Export-Import Bank.
• Jill Hazelbaker is heading to Google to lead its corporate communications. She was the head of communications for Sen. John McCainJohn McCainMissouri Republican: Trump has not earned my vote Stoddard: Can Trump close the deal with the GOP? John Boehner to attend GOP convention MORE’s (R-Ariz.) 2008 presidential campaign and most recently worked on New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s reelection campaign.
• Eric Schnure been hired by the Dewey Square Group as a principal in its communications practice. Schnure began his career as a speechwriter for then-Vice President Al GoreAl GoreOvernight Energy: Coal industry group backs Trump Gore on climate change: ‘We’re going to win this’ The Hill's 12:30 Report MORE in 1993. He has since worked as a consultant to top elected officials, Fortune 100 corporations and nonprofit groups.