By The Hill Staff - 02/02/10 12:01 AM EST
• DEFENSE. Winborn Solutions is lobbying for the Advanced Armament Corp., federal lobbying records show.
• ENERGY. Artemis Strategies is lobbying for SynCoal Solutions on clean coal technology, climate and energy issues, according to federal lobbying records.
SunDial Capital Partners hired the Charles Group to lobby on its behalf.
McBee Strategic Solutions is lobbying for ENth Energy. Gabriel Horwitz, former legislative director to Rep. Doris Matsui (D-Calif.), and Jeff Markey, former legislative director to Rep. Doc HastingsDoc HastingsBoehner hires new press secretary GOP plots new course on Endangered Species Act reform GOP accuses feds of bad science in endangered species studies MORE (R-Wash.), are lobbying on energy and climate change issues, federal lobbying records show.
U.S. Strategies is lobbying for Infocrossing Inc., a healthcare information technology company.
Barnes & Thornburg is lobbying for CHC Flu Shots Services, which is seeking permission to administer flu shots at airports, according to federal lobbying records.
• LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Bridge Government Relations is lobbying for Perrysburg, Ohio. Andrew Beck, legislative director to the late Rep. Paul Gillmor (R-Ohio), is lobbying for water and wastewater infrastructure, transportation and energy efficiency funding, federal lobbying records show.
Strategic Federal Affairs is lobbying for the county of St. Clair, Mich., federal lobbying records show. The county is seeking transportation and research appropriations.
• MEDIA. The Thorsen Group is lobbying for Comcast. Carlyle Thorsen, a former general counsel to then-House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), is lobbying on general telecommunications issues and a proposed merger with NBC for the media company.
• UNIVERSITIES. Cauthen Forbes & Williams is lobbying for Huntingdon College, based in Montgomery, Ala. The school is seeking education, science, research and healthcare funding, according to federal lobbying records.
Arent Fox is lobbying for Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. Dan Renberg, a former board member of the Export-Import Bank and legislative director for Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.), is seeking federal appropriations for the college.