By The Hill Staff - 03/16/10 11:33 PM EDT
• Moe Vela has joined Holland & Knight as a partner in the firm’s public policy and regulation group. Before joining the firm, Vela was the director of management and administration in the Office of Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenBiden to make first WHCD appearance: report If you’re going to meet with Merrick Garland Biden on cancer research: 'I’ve been on the other end of the need' MORE, where he managed the daily operations of Biden’s office. He also served during the Clinton administration, working as chief financial officer and senior adviser on Latino affairs in the Office of Vice President Al GoreAl GoreWill Ferrell drops out of Reagan Alzheimer's movie For Clinton, there's really only one choice for veep Judd Gregg: The case for Kasich MORE.
• W. Kam Quarles has joined McDermott Will & Emery as the firm’s director of legislative affairs in its Washington office. Before coming to the firm, Quarles was the vice president for government relations and legislative affairs at the United Fresh Produce Association. He has also worked as the vice president for government affairs at the National Council of Farmer Cooperatives.
• Lisa Rickard has been promoted to executive vice president by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. She will also continue her duties as president of the Institute for Legal Reform. Before coming to the Chamber, she was vice president of federal and state government affairs for the Dow Chemical Co. Prior to that, she lobbied for Ryder System Inc., and was a partner for Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld.
• Dustin Van Liew has been named by the Public Lands Council as its new executive director. He will also be a director of federal lands for the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association. Van Liew has been working with the Public Lands Council as a lobbyist since January 2008, and was most recently serving as interim director.
• Meredith Fuchs is heading over to the House Energy and Commerce Committee as its new chief counsel for oversight and investigation. Fuchs spent seven years at the National Security Archive, a public interest watchdog group.
• Alec French will open a government affairs and policy firm on April 1. The new firm will focus on intellectual property, telecommunications, media, technology and international issues. For the last five years, French has worked in the D.C. office of NBC Universal, where he serves as vice president of government relations.