By The Hill Staff - 04/12/10 11:49 PM EDT
• AUTOS. Miller & Chevalier is lobbying for the National Automobile Dealers Association. Marc Gerson, former tax counsel to the House Ways and Means Committee; Dwight Mersereau; and James Atkinson are lobbying for the trade group on tax issues.
• CONSUMER SAFETY. Bracewell & Giuliani is lobbying for Infantino, which makes infant carriers, slings and play sets, federal lobbying records show. Edward Krenik, a former legislative liaison for the Environmental Protection Agency, is lobbying for the company on “issues related to baby sling safety.”
Natural Resources Results is lobbying for Constellation Energy, an electric company based in Baltimore. David Anderson, a former Office of Management and Budget official, is lobbying on nuclear energy and climate change issues.
• FINANCE. Ellen Marshall is lobbying for the Regional Bond Dealers Association on financial services regulatory reform, according to federal lobbying records.
• REAL ESTATE. Alston & Bird is lobbying for The Peterson Companies, a real estate development company. Robert C. Jones, former counsel to Sen. Barbara MikulskiBarbara MikulskiOvernight Energy: Senate panel approves EPA spending, rules bill Senate panel breaks with House on cuts to IRS Dems propose to boost DOJ funding by M MORE (D-Md.), and Jeff Sural, former deputy assistant secretary for legislative affairs at the Department of Homeland Security, are lobbying on “federal lease opportunities,” federal lobbying records show.
• TRADE. Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg is lobbying for the Thai Gem and Jewelry Traders Association. Jennifer Mulveny, former deputy assistant United States Trade Representative for congressional affairs, is lobbying for silver jewelry from Thailand to be classified under the Generalized System of Preferences, federal lobbying records show.
• UNIVERSITIES. Hogan & Hartson is lobbying for Case Western Reserve University. The university is seeking federal funding for a national children’s study. Former Rep. Jon Porter (R-Ill.) and Michael J. Bell, former special assistant for legislative affairs for the Justice Department, are lobbying for Case Western.