• DEFENSE. Park Strategies Washington Group is lobbying for Force Protection Inc. on authorization and appropriations bills for armored vehicles and other products. Former Sen. Alphonse D’Amato (R-N.Y.) is lobbying for the company.
• EDUCATION. Liberty Square Group is lobbying for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate on defense, labor and health appropriations bills. Jay McCarthy, former adviser to the late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), is lobbying for the institute.
Strategic Marketing Innovations is lobbying for Continental Carbon Nanotechnologies Inc. on research and development of carbon nanotubes. Mark Gillman, formerly a staffer with two members on the House Armed Services Committee, is lobbying for the company, records show.
Crossroads Strategies is lobbying for Southern Co. on energy, climate and environmental issues. John Green, former chief of staff to then-Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.), and others are lobbying for the Atlanta-based utility.
• FINANCIAL SERVICES. Stanton Park Group is lobbying for CIT Small Business Lending on small-business lending issues. JD Derderian, former congressional staffer for then-Rep. Tom Bliley (R-Va.), is lobbying for CIT, records show.
J.E. Martinez & Associates is lobbying for USAA on insurance and financial-services issues for military personnel.
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal is lobbying for Icahn Associates, an investment fund. Jimmy Williams, formerly a senior adviser to Sen. Dick DurbinDick DurbinDems rip Trump administration for revoking Obama's transgender directive A guide to the committees: Senate McConnell: I’m very sympathetic to 'Dreamers' MORE (D-Ill.), is lobbying for Icahn. Williams was previously an in-house lobbyist for Icahn before he joined Sonnenschein.
• HEALTH. Capitol Partners is lobbying for the Bone Coalition, a bone health advocacy group, records show.
• REAL ESTATE. DLA Piper is lobbying for the Renaissance Companies, which develop and manage real estate, on regulatory efforts affecting the banking industry, federal lobbying records show.
• TECHNOLOGY. Peck, Madigan, Jones & Stewart is lobbying for Verizon Wireless on a range of environmental and technology issues.
• TRANSPORTATION. Barry Strumpf is lobbying for Inthinc on driving and safety technologies. Strumpf is lobbying on highway and appropriations bills, according to records.