By The Hill Staff - 04/20/10 11:24 PM EDT
• Suedeen Kelly has joined Patton Boggs as a partner in its Washington office and will co-chair the firm’s energy industry practice. Kelly is a former Federal Energy Regulatory Commissioner. First nominated in 2003, Kelly served for six years. Before that, she was a faculty member at the University of New Mexico Law School, teaching energy law, and also served on the staff of Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.), chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.
• Jay Farrar has been named by Bechtel as manager of the Washington office. Farrar has held legislative affairs positions for the Defense Department and the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He also was senior vice president of external affairs at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Before he joined Bechtel last year, Farrar was senior vice president of government affairs at CH2M HILL.
• Cathy Feingold has been named by the AFL-CIO as its new director of international affairs, beginning June 1. She follows Barbara Shailor, who is headed to the State Department to serve as special representative for international labor affairs. With the union federation for 10 years, Feingold started at the International Affairs Department before moving to the American Center for International Labor Solidarity. She has worked the last three years as director of the Solidarity Center in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. In addition, Stanley Gacek will become special counsel for international labor law for the Solidarity Center and Sarah Fox will take over as the AFL-CIO’s representative to the International Labour Organization.
• Josh Denney has been promoted by the Mortgage Bankers Association to vice president of public policy. Before joining the trade group in 2004, he was a legislative aide to former Sen. Chuck HagelChuck HagelThere's still time for another third-party option Hagel says NATO deployment could spark a new Cold War with Russia Overnight Defense: House panel unveils 5B defense spending bill MORE (R-Neb.) and staff director of the Senate International Trade and Finance subcommittee. Before coming to Capitol Hill, Denney worked at the public affairs firm Powell Tate/Weber Shandwick in Washington.
• Ugo Colella has rejoined Patton Boggs as a partner in its litigation practice. Colella first worked at the firm from 2000 to 2006. He comes to the firm from Katten Muchin Rosenman.